ITD Forms

Vehicle Registration Renewal

Start here


You will need:

Idaho law now requires proof of legal identification for the purpose of registering and titling vehicles. In order to use the on-line registration renewal process you will need to have the following information for each listed owner or business:

  • An Idaho issued driver license or identification card, or
  • For businesses, an EIN filed with the Idaho State Tax Commission
  • Your renewal postcard.
  • A Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit/debit card and its pertinent billing address.

If you do not have the above, or if this is a trust without an EIN, that has not yet been verified by the county motor vehicle office, you will need to contact your county office to renew. Proof of legal identification will be required.

Learn more about these requirements.

The order will be purchased through Price

Review ITD's Third Party Vendor Policy

demo indicatortour the demo

Can you renew online?


If you no longer own this vehicle, please do not renew.


This service is currently available for registrants in the following counties:
Ada County, Adams County, Bannock County, Bear Lake County, Benewah County, Bingham County, Blaine County, Boise County, Bonner County, Bonneville County, Boundary County, Camas County, Canyon County, Caribou County, Cassia County, Clark County, Clearwater County, Custer County, Elmore County, Franklin County, Fremont County, Gem County, Gooding County, Idaho County, Jefferson County, Jerome County, Kootenai County, Latah County, Lemhi County, Lincoln County, Madison County, Minidoka County, Nez Perce County, Oneida County, Owyhee County, Payette County, Power County, Shoshone County, Teton County, Twin Falls County, Valley County, Washington County

Commercial vehicles: Use the Full Fee Vehicle Registration Renewal.

The following plate types cannot currently be renewed online: Boats, Classic, Dealer, Exempt, Legislative, Loaner, Off-Road, Old Timer, Repossession, Snowmobiles and Transporter.

MSN browser users may experience difficulties. Try using another browser, such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Firefox.



Contact your county for questions regarding loss of your renewal postcard, changes to the name on your title, or if you do not have an Idaho issued driver license or identification card, or in the case of a business, an EIN filed with the Idaho State Tax Commission, or for other concerns.

Division of Motor Vehicles
[M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mountain Time]