Idaho Driver's License/ID Card Replacement
Temporary expanded online services now available! You may process your duplicate/renewal online if you are between the ages of 17 and 75, for identification cards, driver’s licenses, and commercial driver’s licenses (Hazmat Still Required).
- To update your address, please have your driver’s license or identification card ready, visit the online change address form. To update by mail fill out the Idaho Change of Address form and mail it in.
- If you are about to turn 18 or 21, you must wait until your actual birth date to receive a credential that does not state “under 18 or 21”. If you do not wait, you will have to purchase a duplicate card after reaching this milestone birthday to receive an updated card.
- If you need to renew your commercial learning permit, or if you are unable to process a duplicate/renewal online, please call for assistance 208-334-8736.
- For commercial driver’s licenses, there are federal requirement waivers that MAY apply to you. Please go to dmv.idaho.gov and click on the DMV COVID-19 Emergency Extension and Expanded Online Renewal Services link for more information.
You can replace your Idaho Driver's License and/or Identification Card online:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You are not trying to replace a Driver’s Training Permit
- Your credential is not expired or within 30 days of expiring
- Your driving privilege is Valid
- You are not adding or removing an endorsement or restriction
- You are not changing your name
You will not receive a temporary paper (interim) credential with your receipt.
- There is a small online service fee for using this service
- Your Credential will arrive in the mail 12-14 business days after payment is completed
- The most recent photo and signature on file with ITD will be used for this credential.
- Replacing a credential does NOT extend your current expiration date.