Idaho Driver's License/ID Card Renewal
Temporary expanded online services now available! You may process your duplicate/renewal online if you are between the ages of 17 and 75, for identification cards, driver’s licenses, and commercial driver’s licenses (Hazmat Still Required).
- If you wish to change your address please fill out the Idaho Change of Address form, email to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow up to 24 hours for processing.
- If you are about to turn 18 or 21, you must wait until your actual birth date to receive a credential that does not state “under 18 or 21”. If you do not wait, you will have to purchase a duplicate card after reaching this milestone birthday to receive an updated card.
- If you need to renew your commercial learning permit, or if you are unable to process a duplicate/renewal online, please call for assistance 208-334-8736.
- For commercial driver’s licenses, there are federal requirement waivers that MAY apply to you. Please go to dmv.idaho.gov and click on the DMV COVID-19 Emergency Extension and Expanded Online Renewal Services link for more information.
You can renew your Idaho Driver's License and/or Identification Card online:
- You are renewing for 4 years
- Your most recent renewal was for 4 years or less
- You are between the ages of 21 and 69
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident
- You are renewing an Idaho class D driver's license or ID card
- Your driving privilege is valid or has been expired for less than 25 months
- You are not adding or removing an endorsement or restriction
- You are not changing your name
You will not receive a temporary paper (interim) credential with your receipt.
- Cost for Driver’s License Renewal is $30.00 plus a small online service fee
- Cost for Identification Card Renewal is $10.00 plus a small online service fee
- Your credential will arrive in the mail 12-14 business days after payment is completed
- The most recent photo and signature on file with ITD will be used for this credential.
- Renewing a credential extends your expiration date to the allowable maximum per credential/customer limitations.